Fraction audio slicing workstation
Buy now / Download demo / Read user guide
Fraction is an effect plugin for deep real-time manipulation and re-engineering of sound. It features 8 slicers which record and repeat the input audio at defined points in time, slightly or radically changing its rhythmical arrangement. Each slicer has three dedicated effect processors with a wide range of algorithms, and their parameters can be animated in many different ways. Rolls, stutters, fills, breaks and transitions can be done with unprecedented ease – in fact, Fraction has enough power to create whole musical pieces out of almost anything!
Like every Sinevibes product, Fraction has a clean, carefully crafted user interface with animated and color-coded controls. Its live audio waveform lets you visually place slice markers on particular sounds, and custom graphics for each effect algorithm allow to quickly see what’s going on. All this makes Fraction a doddle to learn – and a blast to use.
- Eight audio slice repeaters with individual settings for size, repeat count, playback direction, trigger probability and more.
- Thee effect units per slice, offering 16 algorithms: low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and band-reject filters, phaser, barber-pole phaser, positive and negative flangers, chorus, bit depth and sample rate reduction, analog drive, circuit-bent filter, frequency shifter, pitch shifter and ring modulator.
- Four parameter animation generators per slice, tightly synchronized to slice repeaters.
- Live input audio waveform for visual slice marker placement.
- Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for Retina screen resolution.
- Multiple utility and randomization functions.
- Additional functions via multi-touch gestures and force touch on compatible trackpad devices.
- Works with any application that supports Audio Unit effect plugins.
- Supports OS X 10.6 or later running on 32 or 64 bit Intel Macs.
– New parameter and modulation smoothing code with better stability and efficiency.
– Waveform analysis is now only performed when the user interface is open.
– Slice repeaters are now being stopped when jumping to a different timeline location.
– Fixed transport sync when jumping to an earlier timeline location.
In the press...
Easy to use. Great results. Versatile effects. Unconventional modulation. Great presets. [...] Heaps of fun from this creative new plugin. – Computer Music Magazine, 2016
Fraction isn’t the first slice repeater plug-in. But it might be the most direct and intuitive. [...] It’s tough to describe just how much it’s able to do. – Create Digital Music, 2015